Become a Tutor-SI Leader
If you are interested in becoming a tutor or Supplemental Instruction Leader, complete
Application. Return your completed application to the Student Success
Center Testing Center Specialist who will set an appointment for an interview and
meet with you.
Qualities of a Good Tutor/SI Leader:
- Course Mastery - Tutors/SI Leaders must have achieved a 3.0
in the subjects for which they are assisting.
- Communication Skills - Well-developed communication and listening
skills are vital to successful assisting. In addition, tutors/SI Leaders must have
a willingness to learn new skills.
- Reliability - Assisting students requires reliability and
a sense of teamwork. We are looking for Tutors and SI Leaders with energy and a
positive approach to problem solving.
Benefits of Tutoring/assisting as an SI Leader:
- Personal Satisfaction - You can make a difference in a fellow
student's academic success.
- Flexible Work Hours - You can set your work hours to accommodate
- Paid Position - You can earn extra money!