Students must be currently enrolled in the course for which they are seeking individual
assistance / tutoring.
To request individual assistance/ tutoring, a student must complete a
Request for Assistance form and submit the completed form to a Student
Success Center staff member. The staff member will discuss options with the student
in order to arrange assistance that meets the student's needs.
A student who misses three sessions without notifying the tutor (“no-show”)
will no longer be eligible for tutoring services for the remainder of the term.
An appointment which is cancelled within four hours of the tutoring session will
be considered a “no show”.
Tutoring is an academic support service provided to students who are enrolled in
credit and transitional studies courses at Belmont College. Students who receive
- Attend class
- Complete homework assignments and readings
- When requested, supply tutors with a copy of the course syllabus
- Bring textbooks, notes, and any other class materials to the tutoring sessions
- Have the questions ready prior to the tutoring appointment
- Discuss learning difficulties with their instructor(s) and receive advice regarding
topics to cover in tutoring sessions
To cancel a session, students must notify the Student Success Center and
the tutor at least four hours prior to the scheduled tutoring