The purpose of a study group is to:
- Reinforce, clarify, and deepen students’ learning by providing the opportunity
- Help students improve grades by supplementing individual study with group study.
- Provide feedback, before a test, regarding how well the material has been mastered.
- Prepare students for the working world through an emphasis on teamwork.
- Provide a "support group." All students feel discouraged at times, but
a study group can "refuel" a student's motivation and make studying more
- Help students overcome shyness about discussing issues in class.
- Help students become motivated to study; students know their study group is dependent
upon each students’ preparation and participation.
Students who are interested in joining or forming a study group may contact the
Testing Center Specialist.