Belmont College is hiring a full-time Custodian. This individual is part of a team responsible for general cleaning of the building on a regular basis. The duties also include stripping, waxing, and burnishing floors and daily upkeep of vinyl, carpet, and brick floors. Duties may also include providing set-up of refreshments and rooms for meetings, and providing assistance necessary for special events. The nature of the work requires that this individual be self-motivated, able to work and perform well in a multi-task environment, and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Provide refreshment set-up in designated areas for employees and as needed for special functions.
- Keep employee kitchen area clean, and maintain coffee and other supplies.
- Set up rooms with or without assistance.
- Operate college vehicles.
- Complete errands as requested.
- Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
- Open, close, and secure building.
- Perform daily dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping.
- Empty trash receptacles and water plants.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms; restock paper, soap and other supplies.
- Clean all classrooms and offices, including chalkboards, windows, fountains, walls, blinds, furniture, drapes, etc.
- Maintain vinyl, carpet, and brick floors daily.
- Assist with scrubbing, stripping, and waxing quarterly.
- Carry 2-way radio, communicate and respond to requests in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Follow safety guidelines and ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess sufficient interpersonal and communication skills to interact with his or her supervisor, other staff members, and students.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
To apply for this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to email@example.com.