Nurse Aid Coordinator
In a learner-centered environment, this part-time Nurse Aide Coordinator will be responsible for administering the Nurse Aide program. This individual shall be accessible to the primary instructors and trainees whenever the program is operating and shall assure the program’s compliance with applicable provisions of the Administrative Code. This position requires a thorough knowledge of nursing and must project a professional image and possess strong communication skills. This individual should be knowledgeable in the areas of clinical nursing skills, legal/ethical issues in nursing, scope of practice, and evidence-based practice, while being a detailed-oriented person with excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Responsible for the overall administration and accountability of the program, possibly at multiple sites.
- Prepare and submit program application.
- Arrange for individuals to serve as primary instructors in both the classroom and clinical settings.
- Serve as a primary instructor on as-needed basis.
- Market the program to potential students, clinical sites, and potential employers.
- Develop a syllabus for the program.
- Maintain an adequate system of records for the school and clinical lab experience according to Department of Health regulations.
- Maintain adequate supply of books and materials.
- Communicate with Department of Health on all matters regarding the Nurse Aide program.
- Collaborate with College personnel and faculty of nursing programs as needed when sharing classrooms, labs, and supplies, or when planning future endeavors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience for at least two years in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse in the care of the elderly or chronically ill, at least one of which shall be in long-term care facility services.
- Current, active licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio.
- Completion of Department of Health Train the Trainer course.
To apply for either of this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to email@example.com.