Academic Specialist/Workforce Development Administrative Assistant
The Academic Specialist/Workforce Development Administrative Assistant reports to the VP Academic and Student Affairs/Director of Workforce and Advancement. A considerable amount of initiative, decision-making ability, and judgement is required for the position within the assigned scope of responsibility.
- Provides support services for faculty and faculty leads in assigned programs.
- Schedules the use of classrooms.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collects and maintains course syllabi for assigned programs.
- Participates in College Governance process.
- Assists with class cancellation procedure with faculty call off.
- Functions as the primary faculty support person regarding all aspects of the MathCounts and JETS programs, which are sponsored by Belmont College.
- Assists with college graduation preparation.
- Assists the Academic & Student Affairs Coordinator as needed.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Workforce Development and Community Education classes. This person works with inquiries to share information, answer questions, and to ensure the required materials are turned in prior to registering for class.
- Creates and maintains databases and mailing lists.
- Prepares direct mail communication.
- Performs general office duties.
- Provides support to the VP of Academic and Student Affairs as needed on various projects.
- Receives and records Foundation donations.
- Prepares scholarship/donation thank you letters.
- Provides necessary information to the Business Office to ensure money is recorded in the appropriate category.
- Takes meeting minutes at the Annual Meeting, Quarterly Board Meetings, and Executive Board Meetings.
- Sends out notices/invitations, and prepares approved agenda for the above mentioned meetings.
- Works with Financial Aid Office and Business Office to ensure scholarship awards are posted.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree.
- Two years of experience in a similar position within a cooperative work environment, preferably in an educationalsetting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, confidentiality, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Excellent clerical skills, including proofreading, data entry, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, andabilities to perform the assigned tasks.
To apply for this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human- resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.