Assistant EMS Administrator
The PT EMS Administrator will assist the EMS/Fire Coordinator with the assessment, planning, and development of the EMS Programs. This position reports to the EMS/Fire Coordinator.
The duties of this position include administrative support. The position will require travel to various off campus course and clinical sites and will require evening and occasional weekend work. The ability to establish and maintain relationships at the local level is necessary.
- Assist with the design, development, revision, and implementation of EMS curriculums to meet the changing needs of the students, region, and state criteria.
- Assist with development and revision of all program and course documentation, handbooks, and lesson plans.
- Develop syllabi in conjunction with the EMS/Fire coordinator for submission and transfer module and transfer assurance guidelines.
- Assist with development of course syllabi, learning objectives, clinical objectives, tests to meet state criteria.
- Assist with the collection and maintenance of program and student records to meet state criteria.
- Participate in the development of the paramedic program to meet the standards for National Accreditation.
- Develop and maintain the physical labs, equipment, and storage facilities at Belmont College for the EMS/Fire Programs.
- Facilitate course, state, and national written and practical testing for EMS and Fire students
- Participate in and assist with the development of a plan to provide professional development, educational opportunities, resources, and various trainings for the EMS and Fire instructional staff at Belmont College.
- Assist with seeking out and developing additional opportunities for course development, certification offerings, and program accreditation.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and instruction of various credit and non-credit courses.
- Assist with the evaluation, monitoring, and recruitment of clinical agencies, training facilities, and other local resources.
- Assist with the development of materials designed to educate preceptors, practicum supervisors, and clinical staff on the role of the students and course learning objectives.
- Develop and maintain professional contacts by attending conferences and participating in activities at the local, state, or national levels.
- Participate in program and student review activities.
- Plan, attend, and assist with various student, faculty, and college activities as assigned.
- Maintain ongoing professional development.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Considerable experience in an EMS or Fire related position in the community;
- Certification as an instructor in various EMS, fire, AHA, ITLS, or other specialty certifications and education.
- A high school diploma or GED and currently working on an associate’s degree
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned tasks.
To apply, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment- application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to email@example.com.