Enrollment Services Advisor
The Enrollment Services Advisor will serve as a direct contact person for prospective students. This position will focus on developing and implementing recruitment strategies for all prospective student populations. Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, this professional staff position is full-time with a degree of flexibility expected for evening and weekend hours. The individual must have a good knowledge of higher education recruitment/admissions. This position requires strong public speaking skills in presenting information about the College to a wide range of constituencies. A high degree of independent judgment, discretion, and comprehensive knowledge of College organization, programs, curricula, policies, and procedures is required..
- Development and effective utilization of recruitment strategies to achieve desired recruitment goals.
- Sharing and selling the benefits of Belmont College in order to increase the number of inquiries and applicants to the College along with the conversion of those inquiries and applicants to help move students through the enrollment process.
- Manage, effectively track and recruit prospective students with the use of a client relationship management (CRM) tool. Use the CRM to assess the effectiveness of various recruitment efforts and make adjustments based on yield and conversion numbers.
- Addresses prospective student inquiries in person, through email, direct mail, and phone communication tools and maintains a process that ensures systematic communication and follow-up to prospective students.
- Works collaboratively with other College offices to provide a seamless admissions process, especially Academic Advising, Financial Aid, and Student Success Center.
- Represents the College at both internal and external recruitment events and supports faculty in recruiting activities.
- Establishes relationships with faculty, staff, students, and alumni as effective partners in student recruiting.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with local schools, community organizations, businesses, and civic leaders in support of student recruitment goals.
- Collaborates with other college offices to develop messaging, strategies, and promotional materials for recruitment and develops and maintains website content for prospective students.
- Assists in preparing comprehensive recruitment reports.
- Serve as the career services representative for the college.
- Actively participate in College Governance Teams.
- Collaborate with the Student Success Center to facilitate a seamless student intake process.
- Seek professional development directly related to the Academic Advising function and at-risk students and/or other areas of student development.
- Provide campus tours and programs to prospective students.
- Maintain records, both confidential and otherwise, on counseling and guidance activities as directed.
- Assist Student Services staff in new student orientation.
- Attend graduation ceremonies and other college functions as needed.
- Work occasional evening and Saturday hours as directed.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an area related to the duties of the position; and
- Experience in higher education recruitment/admissions, sales experience, experience in professional contact and interaction with the general public, or any equivalent combination of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties.
- Thorough knowledge of College programs, majors, financial aid, and admission policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in both written and oral forms with a variety of individuals. Excellent skills in word processing and database software are essential.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
To apply for either of this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.