Faculty, Welding – Full-Time
Primary responsibilities include instruction and assessment in the program, ensuring relevancy and currency of curriculum consistent with industry standards, and managing the welding labs.
This position requires a thorough knowledge of safety and skills related to welding and HVAC/R. Individual must project a professional image and possess strong communication skills. This individual should be knowledgeable in and possess the ability to teach mathematics, science, and technical writing related to welding.
- Perform instructional, committee, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Industrial Trades and Contract Training with student recruitment, retention, and
- Develop and maintain professional contacts by attending conferences and by actively participating in
- Maintain ongoing professional development.
- Maintain a clean, professional lab environment by keeping equipment in proper running order, keeping
floors and table tops clean, and promoting proper safety procedures using OSHA guidelines.
- Participate in enrollment management initiatives.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair.
- Order supplies.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate assessment strategies to measure Core Learning Outcomes and
direct measures of student learning.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a systematic plan for program evaluation in collaboration with the Dean
- Maintain the academic standards and integrity of the program.
- Develop, execute, evaluate, and update the course syllabi and provide the College with the official copy in
- Prepare daily lesson plans, course outlines, and other instructional materials as needed for effective
- Develop, teach, and evaluate all assigned courses incorporating active learning strategies and current,
- Recommend and order texts and other instructional materials to be used for instruction.
- Maintain and publicly post a schedule of office hours for consultation with students and others as may be
- Guide and counsel the student in her/his educational adjustments. Refer students for counseling and
tutoring when necessary.
- Recognize and adapt teaching style to the educational needs of the individual students.
- Demonstrate expertise in independent decision making incorporating goals and objectives of the course.
- Provide instruction at off-campus sites as assigned.
- Submit attendance and grades for assigned students electronically as required and maintain appropriate grading documentation.
- Plan, attend, and assist with student, faculty, and college activities, such as Math Counts, Science Fair, and open houses.
- Serve on assigned or voluntary committees, governance teams, and task forces.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an area related to industry or manufacturing;
- Supporting certifications in the field of welding;
- Prior teaching experience, preferably in a college environment;
- Prior industry experience; or
- Any equivalent combination of tested experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties.
To apply, complete an application. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.