This full-time hourly staff position is part of a team of individuals who collectively are responsible for the general maintenance of the physical plant, grounds, equipment, and vehicles owned and leased by Belmont College. Must be able to perform light construction projects and simple trouble-shooting of electrical circuits, plumbing, mechanical problem, and be on call for weather related and other emergency situations.
- Open, close, and secure buildings.
- Run errands as requested.
- Set up rooms assisted and unassisted.
- Empty trash receptacles and water plants.
- Coordinate and plan for functions and set-ups.
- Operate highway vehicles with or without passengers.
- Operate snow removal equipment.
- Report as requested on weather-related call-outs.
- Paint equipment as well as inside and outside of buildings.
- Carry two-way radio.
- Trim trees and shrubs; keeping grounds well-manicured and clean.
- Operate lawn and garden tools and equipment.
- Perform simple vehicle inspections and repairs such as maintaining fluid levels, changing oil and plugs, replacing lamps, keeping clean, etc.
- Maintain and repair grounds equipment.
- Repair roof surfaces.
- Repair asphalt and concrete surfaces.
- Perform minor construction jobs, masonry, and carpentry.
- Set up room partitions, install doors, install outside drains, and maintain flower beds.
- Perform minor structural repairs and projects.
- Perform minor electrical, plumbing, and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Complete minor electrical, plumbing, and mechanical jobs.
- Follow proper safety procedures.
- Must be listed on the security call list for the fire alarm, and security company.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- It is expected that the applicant has experience in at least some of the following fields: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, construction, grounds keeping, and custodial.
- Normal hours are 7:00 – 3:30, but must be flexible as needed for snow removal, weekends as needed, and College events.
- This person must also have basic computer skills, such as using an iPad to answer facility ticket concerns.
- Two years of experience in a commercial building.
- This individual must have a valid Ohio driver license.
To apply for this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.