Manager of Library and Testing Services
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs, the Manager of Library and Testing Services will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Library and the Testing Center.
- Perform the day-to-day administration of the library and supervise library student workers.Provide short and long-range planning; create reports; develop policies and procedures; communicate with staff; oversee student worker’s compliance with College policies and procedures; make decisions about library policies and procedures based on institutional needs; promote public relations; liaison with faculty, staff, and students; participate actively in staff development both as facilitator and participant; and engage in professional development.
- Coordinate the overall functions of library activities and testing center, including scheduling and proctoring assessments.
- Serve as lead implementer/manager for OhioLINK for the Belmont College Library; be knowledgeable about all aspects of the statewide system that centrally and locally catalogs and circulates items; communicate with staff to ensure they are abreast of current and future changes. Attend all relevant OhioLINK meetings.
- Provide reference service and bibliographic instruction to faculty, staff and students; assist students with their research needs both in the library and online; notify faculty and staff about new materials.
- Assist students, faculty and staff in locating all local materials. Process bills and fines related to patron borrowing.
- Process and catalog all new library materials.
- Evaluate, develop, deselect, and maintain library holdings. Communicate with academic departments to support and improve collections to ensure accreditation standards are met and maintained.
- Develop metrics to measure and continually assess library resources and services, utilization, and student success.
- Coordinate space, furnishings, maintenance, supplies, printing, and security for the library and testing center.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate library student employees.
- Identify and utilize emerging technologies to provide a state of the art library; promote, evaluate, and act as a catalyst to ensure that the library web page supports the scholarly and leisure needs of students, faculty and staff; utilize social networking and other technology to promote the library and its services.
- Keep updated in the field by attending seminars, classes, or workshops; take part in professional programs and organizations in the field of library science; collaborate with libraries and consortia through knowledge and resource sharing; serve on various campus committees as needed.
- Be a leader in introducing evolving technologies; collaborate with faculty to expand library services and resources; cultivate a learning commons culture.
- Train, supervise and evaluate tutors; track tutoring budget, submit appropriate purchasing requisitions, collect, maintain, and analyze data related to tutoring services; coordinate with faculty in relevant subject areas to identify potential tutors; oversee scheduling of tutors, including schedule changes and maintenance of posted schedules for print, online, and digital display; update tutor contact information; schedule crisis tutoring for students in collaboration with faculty; maintain e-tutoring database, post e-tutoring schedules and provide e-tutoring services through OhioLINK.
- Assist the Dean of Academic Affairs in identifying and promoting open educational resources available through the library and OhioLINK.
- Other work duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Library Science or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three-five (3-5) years of work experience required.
- Experience in library services and student support services.
- Ability to lead others.
- Highly skilled in prioritization.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Team player.
- Able to adapt with changing needs.
- Must be willing to become certified in necessary testing administration (ie. Pearson, Accuplacer, etc.) within first 30 days.
To apply for either of this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.