Adjunct Faculty, Medical Assisting/Coding
In a learner-centered environment, primary responsibilities include teaching the assigned load in Medical Assisting/Coding.
The following are functions essential to performing this job:
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet the educational requirements stated in the course description and objectives.
- Guide students through course curriculum through in classroom instruction and online as needed.
- Be available via email and phone throughout the week to answer student questions regarding online content.
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify students of progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Successful candidates will possess an earned associate’s degree in an allied health or health-related field from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have extensive knowledge with ICD-10 and CPT.
- A bachelor’s degree in allied health or health-related field.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with at least two years of clinical/professional workexperience in an office setting with Medical Coding experience.
- Candidate should possess a certification as a certified medical coding specialist or RHIT.
- Previous teaching experience (classroom or professional/corporate training); experience using Canvas andPowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnicbackgrounds of community college students.
To apply for this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human- resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to email@example.com.