Medical Assisting Faculty
The position of Full-time Faculty, Medical Assisting reports directly to the Dean of Academic Affairs. Primary
responsibilities include facilitating medical assisting courses, course evaluation/development in a learner-centered environment, and serving as liaison between the College and externship agencies.
- Classroom instruction (see attached “standard” position description for all instructors).
- Manage Medical Coding Certificate program
- Serve as liaison between the College and externship agencies, including arranging and supervising all externships.
- Maintain all program records, and complete MAERB annual report and other required reporting in order to maintain CAAHEP/MAERB program accreditation.
- Advise students and evaluate their performance.
- Assist with student recruitment and retention.
- Use a variety of teaching methodologies to promote student learning and success.
- Act as a facilitator, guide, and mentor to students, establishing positive role-modeling relationships with them.
- Proctor testing and maintain records for Tech Prep related programs.
- Complete inventory and order lab equipment.
- Order, distribute and store desk copies of textbooks for Medical Assisting and Medical Coding.
- Orient and mentor part-time faculty for Medical Assisting and Medical Coding Programs.
- Assist with student/graduate job placement.
- Develop curriculum and/or new delivery systems within the guidelines of the MAERB/CAAHEP.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the medical assisting program in collaboration with other faculty.
- Actively participate in the College governance process.
- Participate in professional development activities by attending conferences, participating in professional organizations, and/or obtaining additional qualifications.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Practicum Coordinator Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- The Practicum Coordinator must select and approve appropriate Practicum sites;
- Provide orientation for the on-site supervisors;
- Provide oversight of the Practicum experience, including on-site assessment of student experiences and quality of learning opportunities at least once during each term students are assigned to the Practicum site.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient evaluation of student academic achievement.
- The Practicum Coordinator must be knowledgeable in program curriculum, as evidenced by education and/or experience.
- Effective in evaluating student learning and performance.
- The responsibilities of the Practicum Coordinator may be fulfilled by the Program Director, faculty member(s), or other qualified designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; and
- Certified Medical Assistant credential; and
- Three years of work experience as a medical assistant including 160 hours in an ambulatory healthcare setting performing administrative and clinical procedures as performed by medical assistants.
- One year of teaching experience in a two-year college.
- Certification as a CPR instructor is desirable.
- Preferred experience with curriculum development, using instructional technology, and distance learning.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties.
To apply for either of this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human-resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.