Tech Prep Coordinator
The part-time Tech Prep Coordinator shall fully engage as a Southeast Region team member. The Coordinator represents the Regional Center to maintain relationships within the assigned area of Career Technical Planning District (CTPD) staff, college faculty and administration at Belmont College. The Coordinator will collaborate with regional and area staff to plan and deliver services and share responsibility for meeting regional grant deliverables outlined in the Tech Prep Pathway Expansion Grant.
- Assist schools in developing high quality career pathways and programs of study. Work with educators and employers to improve existing career pathways to ensure high quality, meaningful work-based learning and clear pathways to postsecondary education and industry-recognized credentials.
- Provide a process to work with school districts to transition programs not aligned to in-demand jobs and review agreements and verify all agreements are current.
- Process new and renewal CTE-26 applications in partnership with school districts and ODE pathway staff ensuring all applications include a career pathway and program of study.
- Assist districts and postsecondary partners with developing career pathways based on CTAGS, College Credit Plus, and other postsecondary credit options.
- Assist institutions in developing new articulation agreements with apprenticeship and certificate granting postsecondary partners.
- Develop six exemplary career pathways and programs of study that demonstrate direct, meaningful connection between secondary programs, industry credentials, degree programs, and employment. Pathways should include high quality work- based learning experience and strong industry engagement. Include examples for a range of pathways including apprenticeships, Ohio Technical Centers, 2- and 4-year degrees and certificates.
- Assist schools in consultation with College Credit Plus personnel to develop 15 and 30-hour pathways that apply to technical degrees.
- Provide workshops and trainings to college admissions staffs to ensure they are aware of processes for students to access credit.
- Work with secondary schools and provide workshops so students learn about steps they must take to access college credit.
- Inform students, parents and postsecondary institutions of the programs that have been approved for credit by accessing information on approved programs from Course Equivalency Management System (CEMS).
- Plan and facilitate annual regional career pathway meetings, including K-12 and postsecondary educators with business and industry to discuss best practices in building seamless career pathways.
Customer Service experience required. Strong interpersonal, planning, oral, and written communication skills required. Computer literacy required. Strong organizational and problem solving skills required. Experience in recruitment activities, meeting planning, budget development, and grant management recommended. Knowledge of curriculum alignment or student advising recommended. Experience with first generation college students recommended.
Must possess a minimum of an associate’s degree, with bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of five years of full-time experience as a project coordinator, office manager or coordinator or as a faculty member in an educational setting is required. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Successful completion of FBI/BCI background check and drug screen will be required.
To apply for either of this position, complete application at http://www.belmontcollege.edu/about-us/resources/human- resources/employment-application/. A cover letter, resume, and three professional references must be included or emailed separately to email@example.com.