Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Continuous Quality Improvement
Achieve the most cost-effective and highest quality education for a diverse student
body through participation in and alignment with the Academic Quality Improvement
Process (AQIP) of the Higher Learning Commission by transitioning to a culture of
continuous improvement in all areas.
- Faculty and administrative staff will participate in the formation and implementation
of strategic action plans to achieve institution specific AQIP criteria.
- Students will participate in the assessment of core learning outcomes and program
outcomes to facilitate acquisition of life and job skills.
Goal 2: Faculty Development
Assure quality instruction by encouraging the professional growth and continuing
excellence of faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Students will enjoy excellence of teaching by faculty members encouraged in their
professional growth by supportive college policies and programs.
- Students will gain information-accessing skills through instruction by using the
comprehensive learning resources of the college, including a wide range of computer
and audio-video resources, as well as traditional print media.
Goal 3: Career Pathways / Lifelong Learning
Provide credit/non-credit courses, certificate, and associate degree programs which
enable students to gain employment, retrain for new career fields, upgrade current
career skills, or prepare for the transition to a four-year institution.
- Students will become well prepared for a wide variety of career fields through acquiring
primary qualifications, retraining, or improvement of job skills.
- Students will discover the value of lifelong learning, professional growth, and
self-enrichment through taking non-credit as well as credit courses, finding in
the college a wide variety of continuing education opportunities.
- Business, government, and industry in the community will have an opportunity to
enhance their operations through specially tailored educational programs developed
in consultation with the college.
Goal 4: Support Services for Student Success
Provide a range of academic support services to students and specialized support
for non-traditional and special-population students and standards of the regional
- Students in nontraditional categories and in special populations will benefit from
instructional methods and services adapted to their needs.
- Students will increase their competence and confidence by availing themselves, as
needed, of a wide variety of academic support services, such as special testing,
academic and career advising, and tutoring.
- Students will benefit from programs, facilities, and services such as Financial
Aid, the Child Care Center, Career Services, Learning Resource Center, Charles
Kocher Student Success Center, and other student services that foster ease of access
to the college and enhance student possibilities of success.
- Students will gain from opportunities to participate in college activities and organizations
outside of classroom instruction such as Phi Theta Kappa and other student activities.
Goal 5: Diverse College Stakeholder
Maintain policies and conditions that will result in a student body, faculty, and
staff representative of the community's population.
- Students, faculty, and staff will participate in college activities such as workshops,
conferences or seminars to help foster an appreciation of the diversity of the college
Goal 6: Program and Curriculum Development
Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and allocate resources for the achievement of
the core student learning outcomes (communicate effectively, learn actively, think
critically and creatively, and accept accountability), and the program outcomes.
(program and curriculum development)
- The general education experience will provide a foundation for: accountability,
communication, critical and creative thinking, and active lifelong learning.
- The efficacy of the Developmental Education Program will address the needs of under-prepared
students and facilitate student success in the college courses and programs.
Goal 7: College Resources
Promote institutional integrity through the judicious use of resources for faculty
compensation, capital equipment, and educational resources while maintaining currency
with educational trends.
- Faculty and administrative staff will participate in the planning and budgeting
process to insure adequate resources are allotted for strategic goals.
- Faculty and administrative staff will be provided with funding as the college is
able to attend conferences focusing on educational trends and advancements in andragogical