Medical Coding Certificate (MCB)
View the required classes for the Medical Coding & Billing degree program.
Gainful Employment Information.
Are you detail oriented and eager to jump into the challenging world of medical
reimbursement? If so, then you can flourish in the world of Medical Coding.
A Medical Coder is a vital member of a health care team who uses
those detail skills to abstract patient information and combines it with cutting-edge
knowledge of coding guidelines and reimbursement procedures to provide optimal physician/hospital
payment. In this program, you will:
- Develop your understanding of medical coding as a data collection tool.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and medical terminology.
- Master medical coding—the instrumental force behind reimbursement for health
- And as a graduate of this program, apply skills in proper CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding
in various settings in the health care delivery system.
When you achieve your graduation goal in the MCB 1-year program, you can take your
energy, experience, and skills to:
- Physicians’ offices
- Hospital medical records departments
- Day care facilities
- Out-patient clinics
- Home health agencies
- EMS services
It’s a program in which you can be proud and engaged—you can flourish
in Medical Coding & Billing!
- Demonstrate entry level skills in coding with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4, and introduced to ICD-10..
- Describe the relationship between coding and reimbursement in health care.
- Perform appropriate billing and coding skills.
- Demonstrate professional behaviors in the work place including patient confidentiality
and professional ethics.
- Demonstrate clear and effective oral and written communication skills, critical
thinking, problem solving, and accountability measures within their scope of practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the United State’s Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability