Medical Transcriptionist Certificate (MTC)
View the required classes for the Medical Transcriptionist certificate program.
If you yearn for technical and mental challenges in the fast-paced world of
medicine, then Medical Transcription may be your ticket to a promising
future. Medical Transcription is the art and science of producing
a technically and grammatically correct report from a physician’s dictation.
Medical transcriptionists are known as “language specialists,” and their
reports—a part of the patient’s record, which become legal documents—are
fundamental in direct patient care.
In this specialized Medical Transcriptionist certificate program, you will grow excellent skills in:
- Spelling and language skills
- Anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology
- Medical terminology
You will also sharpen your skills to listen closely and interpret a variety of accents
Once you have completed this certificate program, opportunities await you in:
- Multi-specialty clinics
- Physicians’ practices
- Research facilities
- Radiology clinics
- Law offices
- Transcriptions services
- Exhibit a general knowledge of medical terminology and its structure.
- Accurately transcribe medical reports and correspondence through the application
of medical knowledge and technology.
- Create documents using appropriate computer technology and skills within legal and
- Apply knowledge of the United State’s Health Insurance Privacy and Accountability
Act (HIPAA) and respond to issues of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate administrative skills in the medical office setting.
- Demonstrate clear and effective oral and written communication skills, critical
thinking, problem solving, and accountability measures within their scope of practice.