Radiologic Technology (RAD)
View the required classes for the Radiologic Technology degree program.
You are searching for a promising future in the always-growing world of medicine
and are seeking a high-tech challenge, too. If this describes you, then a
career in Radiologic Technology can fuel your future. Those who
have the drive and determination to complete the Radiologic Technology
degree program will develop the skills to:
- Take x-rays
- Administer non-radioactive materials into patients’ bloodstreams for diagnostic
- Specialize in diagnostic imaging—computerized tomography or magnetic resonance
Job opportunities are favorable in this dynamic field, and Radiologic Technologists
can find themselves employed in the fast-paced world of:
- Physicians’ offices
- Medical and diagnostic laboratories—including diagnostic imaging centers
- Outpatient care centers
This specialized AAS Radiology degree program is offered in partnership with Ohio Valley Medical Center (OVMC) in Wheeling, West
Virginia. If you are highly motivated, dedicated, and have what it takes to
succeed in this promising field, you will also:
- Take general education courses at Belmont College, earning a “C” or
better in each.
- Apply and be accepted for admission to OVMC’s Radiology program.
- Complete the radiology program requirements.
- Complete the degree requirements and certification as a Radiologic Technologist.
- Apply for and receive the Associate of Applied Science degree.
Drive your dream in the direction of a Radiologic Technology degree and
watch your future take flight!
- Graduates will demonstrate clinical competence as entry-level radiographers.
- Graduates will demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Graduates will be able to apply critical thinking to professional practice.
- Graduates will understand the importance of professional ethics, values, behavior,
and life-long learning.
- The program will provide qualified radiographers to meet the needs of the health