Legal Office Specialist Certificate (LGL)
View the required classes for the Legal Office Specialist Certificate.
It’s the exciting, energizing world of legal America, and it awaits one who
holds a Legal Office Specialist Certificate! This program
prepares you for entry level positions in:
- Law firms
- Corporate legal departments
- Local, state, and federal government offices and agencies
Throughout the Legal Office Specialtist certificate program, you will gain crucial skills, via challenging situations
and hands-on activities, in a multitude of legal areas. These skills
are essential in providing administrative support in law firms and other legal environments
- Understanding legal documents and terminology
- Legal machine transcription
- Legal office procedures
- Word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Assisting with organization and preparation of closings, hearings, trials, reports,
memos, and meetings
- Preparing, analyzing, and organizing legal documents and information
- Tracking case documents
- Managing databases
- Creating graphics for presentations
The fast-paced legal world awaits you as you enter the workplace with your
specialized Legal Office Specialist certificate skills from Belmont!
- Transcribe legal terms from prerecorded dictation.
- Analyze and organize information.
- Define legal terms and use them in legal context.
- Provide administrative support.
- Create legal documents using word processing software.
- Produce legal documents using machine transcribers.
- Apply appropriate writing techniques, use correct spelling, punctuation, and proper
grammar when composing business correspondence.
- Learn correct records management procedures in order to file and retrieve correspondence
in a correct and timely fashion.