Office Clerk Specialist Certificate (OFS)
View the required classes for the Office Clerk Specialist.
Gainful Employment Information.
Good communication skills are essential in any office environment, and an
Office Clerk Specialist is the focal point of office communication.
By facilitating the successful flow of clear, concise communication—written,
typed, or transcribed—for other personnel, your job becomes invaluable to
those with whom you work. It is crucial that the Office Clerk Specialist
can communicate effectively and perform a multitude of tasks quickly and effectively.
This 1-year Office Clerk program gives students the skills necessary to excel in a fast-paced office
environment by mastering:
- Note taking
- Using advanced word processing applications with an emphasis on:
- Desktop publishing
- Merging documents
- Creating tables
- Creating charts
Enjoy what you're learning? Further your education by pursuing an Associate of Applied
Business in Office Administration!
- Format business documents using word processing software.
- Produce documents using machine transcribers.
- Design documents such as business cards, newsletters, and brochures used in today’s
workplace using desktop publishing software.
- Learn correct records management procedures in order to file and retrieve correspondence
in a correct and timely fashion.
- Incorporate spreadsheet and databases into documents.
- Apply appropriate writing techniques, using proper grammar, accurate spelling, and
correct punctuation when composing business correspondence.