Power Plant Technology (EUT)
View the required classes for the Power Plant Technology program.
If you dream of driving toward a career as a highly-skilled power plant operator
or maintenance personnel, then step up toward a Power Plant Technology degree.
Overseen by Youngstown State University
with classroom and lab space at Belmont College and American Electrical
Power's Mitchell plant, this real-world, hands-on program will gear you up and land
you in the spotlight in one of the area's crucial, dynamic power plants.
In this 2-year electronics degree program, you will gain technical skills in:
- Electrical theory
- Electrical machinery and controls
- Power plant operations, boiler, turbine, and generator operations, and power plant
- Pollution control equipment
- Tracing out systems, preparing sketches, and reporting on systems operation
. . .and good, solid, essential basic skills in:
- College writing
- Oral Communication
- Interpersonal relations
The future looks bright. There is a need for highly-skilled operators and maintenance
personnel in power plants, and your journey begins here!
- Demonstrate proficiency in electrical theory, electrical machinery and controls, power plant operations, boiler, turbine, and generator operations, power plant instrumentation, and pollution control equipment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing basic operating functions required in electric utility power plants, and other related industries.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.