Cyber Security Certificate (CCF)
View the required classes for the Cyber Security Certificate.
The Cyber Security certificate is designed to propel you into an
entry-level position in network security. This specialized curriculum will prepare
- Have an understanding of basic security technologies including a basic computer
- Understand security information fundamentals
Throughout this high-powered program, you will gain a wide range of knowledge and
experience, networking skills, and cross-training. In our internet security training
program you will engage in cutting-edge learning and:
- Be able to assemble and configure a computer, install operating systems and software,
and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Be able to use basic installation procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of computer organization, communication, and network security.
- Have a basic understanding of cyber law and ethics by utilizing record keeping techniques
and utilizing law nexus and record keeping regulatory models with knowledge of legal
and ethical responsibilities.
- Be able to determine wireless vulnerabilities and have a basic knowledge of encryption,
intrusion detection, and security assurance.
The emphasis on information and online security, now an integral part of any business
or organization, is in direct response to the surge of online and network computer
access by multiple users. Once you graduate from this progressive program, you will
be valuable in the marketplace and qualified for a career in:
- Information assurance
- Computer networking
- Homeland Security
Enjoy earning this certificate? Continue your education in this exciting field and
earn an Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Security and Computer Forensics.
- Knowledge of cyber law and ethics.
- Secure operating systems, wired and wireless networks, and web transactions.
NOTE: The certificate does not cover the topics that are in the forensics side of the major