Electronic Media (ITT)
View the required classes for the Electronic Media degree.
The electronic world we live in is constantly changing. Not only the devices and
programs that we use but also the way we communicate and businesses advertise has
transformed with the world of social media. Media has now expanded beyond text into
a graphical environment merging various technologies including: text, sound, scanned
pictures, clipart, animation, and full-motion video.
The widespread use of the Internet has made design and programming of materials
for placement on the web a necessary proficiency for individuals working with the
computer. Multimedia has become critical for the computer professional. From presentation
software, to desktop publishing to authoring systems, expertise in computer graphics
The objective of the Electronic Media degree is to prepare students to successfully
design and develop professional looking materials including pages for print or placement
on the web, or placement on various social media platforms and be able to develop
applications for the web or other electronic devices.
Graduates of the electronic media program pursue many different career opportunities.
A few examples include:
- operations manager
- software developer
- multimedia designer
- Gain an understanding of media and how it is used in the business world.
- Create and edit both bitmap and vector graphics electronically and in print, animations,
web pages, and video.
- Become proficient on the web using/creating websites with HTML and web editors.
- Become proficient on the web using social media.
- Use programming languages to create websites or web applications.