Practical Nursing Certificate (PNP)
View the required classes for the Practical Nursing certificate program
Want to learn more about the field of practical nursing?
The Practical Nurse:
- Serves as a member of the health care team
- Works at the direction of a licensed physician or registered nurse
- Cares for the ill in hospitals, rehabilitation facilities, or long-term care facilities
- Is active in health promotion and illness prevention
The benefits to you of this distinguished Practical Nursing certificate at Belmont
College are many:
- Become prepared to take the NCLEX-PN licensing examination
- Join a program that has been approved by the State Board of Nursing and the Ohio
Board of Regents
- Engage in clinical learning experiences at a variety of clinical locations
If you have been searching for the perfect, 1-year Practical Nursing program in
health care, you’ve found it.
- Contribute to the identification of holistic needs in the plan of care as a member
of a healthcare team.
- Practice evidence based decision making to establish priorities according to human
needs of people.
- Utilize effective verbal, nonverbal, written, and computer skills while providing
care for people with holistic needs and while communicating with other healthcare
- Employ safety and health promotion practices in the ever changing environment to
maintain people’s state of wellbeing.
- Understand and demonstrate holistic nursing care within the limits relative to their
scope of nursing practice and ethical standards.
- Illustrate advocacy by speaking, writing, or acting in support of the clients' needs.
- Employ delegation techniques within the scope of practice in providing holistic