- The name of this organization shall be: Belmont College Alumni Association.
Statement of Purpose
- The Belmont College Alumni Association is a service and social organization established
to develop strong links between the college, its former students, and the communities
served by the college. Perpetuation of friendships/relationships and the natural
bond between the college and its alumni will be emphasized. Further, its purpose
is to create and enhance a dedicated working relationship with the college to assure
the presence of Belmont Technical College in the future as a significant, viable
institute of higher education.
- To cultivate an environment of inclusiveness thereby recognizing and rewarding the
efforts and contribution of all who have attended Belmont College, membership for
the Alumni Association is open to anyone who has been associated with the college
as a student.
College Alumni Liaison
- The College Alumni Liaison shall be appointed by the newly elected officers of the
Belmont College Alumni Association. The liaison shall be an employee of the college
and shall perform administrative work necessary for the association at the direction
of the president of the association.
Officers of the Association
- The officers of the Alumni Association will be: President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer.
The office of Vice-President secedes the President at the end of his/her term.
- The officers of the Alumni Association shall serve two–year terms beginning
July 1st continuing through June 30th two years later.
- Officers will be elected by use of a secret ballot vote by a majority of those in
Duties of Officers
- The President will preside at all meetings of the Alumni Association and will appoint
ad hoc committees as necessary. The President of the Alumni Association will communicate
and represent the association with members of the college and community groups.
- The Vice President will serve in the absence of the President and will perform such
other duties as would be helpful in maintaining a strong and effective Alumni Association.
- The Secretary-Treasurer will record minutes of all meetings (to be housed in the
office of the College Liaison officer) and will handle association funds and bank
- Ad hoc committees shall be established by the President as needed.
- All meetings will be announced to the members of the Alumni Association sufficiently
previous to the date of the meeting. An agenda will be presented at each meeting.
- The fiscal year of the Alumni Association will begin on July 1st and end on June
30th of each year.
Amendment of By-laws
- The by-laws may be amended by the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the members
present at any annual or special meeting of the association.