Prospective Students | Current Students | Donors & Friends | Workforce & Community Ed | About Us
Financial Aid Processes


Summer is referred to as a header semester for the coming Fall and Spring semesters. Therefore, you must file a 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for financial aid for Summer 2015. If you have not already done so, complete the FAFSA  soon as possible.


Aid is available only to admitted, degree-seeking students at Belmont College. Non-degree students are not eligible for federal aid. Students must also be meeting satisfactory academic progress guidelines for federal student aid.   Students on Financial Aid probation, or being monitored on Suspension based on previous academic performance, will not be awarded aid until after spring grades have been posted and Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluated. 


For financial aid purposes, enrollment status for summer is the same as it is for the regular fall and spring semesters. 12 credit hours are considered full time for undergraduate students. For student loans, you must be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours).


PLEASE NOTE: No aid is disbursed prior to the first day of your first summer class. Keep this in mind if you register for Flex courses.




Federal Grants
If you have Pell Grant eligibility for 2015-2016, registering full-time will directly reduce the amount of Pell Grant funds available for the SPRING 2016 semester. If you plan to attend both Fall and Spring semesters during the academic year, please discuss your academic plan for the year with your academic advisor to maximize your funding eligibility.


Federal Loans
Apply for only the amount you will need to borrow for summer. Keep in mind that your annual limit remains the same, so the amount that you borrow during Summer will reduce your Fall/Spring eligibility.


Federal Work-Study
Federal work-study funds may be available for Summer 2015.


After planning youR schedule for the year with your Academic Advisor, please stop in the Financial Aid Office to discuss your Financial Aid Plan.