Allied Health Administration
Upon completion of this applied technical studies degree, students will be able to transfer to a four-year college for their Bachelor’s in Health Administration. It is also possible to obtain an administration position in an ambulatory care center, medical billing office, or phlebotomist for hospital. They may take the certification exam for phlebotomy if they have taken those courses.
- Seamless progression seamlessly to a bachelor’s degree in Health Administration.
- Apply general knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology, medical terminology, and psychology in administration aspects of health care.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of medical business practices, including billing & coding procedures, along with reimbursement practices in health care.
- Demonstrate clear & effective oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, & problem solving measures in the workplace.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Become a competent and certified phlebotomist – if they so choose.