Computerized Legal Office Specialist
Upon completion of this applied technical studies degree, students will be able to function in all aspects of a computerized office environment with their choice of emphasizing in general office procedures, computer applications such as multimedia and web design, or legal office machines terminology.
- Format business documents using word processing software.
- Incorporate spreadsheets and databases into documents.
- Manage workflow utilizing computer, interpersonal, organizational and writing skills.
Additional outcomes will be achieved based on the student’s elective choice:
- Produce documents using machine transcription.
- Learn correct records management procedures in order to file and retrieve correspondence in a correct and timely fashion.
- Gain an understanding of media and how it is used in the business world.
- Use a programming language such as Visual Basic to create applications for the web or other devices.
- Become proficient on the web using/creating websites with HTML and editors.