Natural Resources Certificate
The Natural Resources one-year certificate program prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to develop working drawing simulations in support of civil engineers, geological engineers, and related professionals. This program includes instruction in basic engineering principals, geological and seismographic mapping, machine drafting, computer-aided drafting (CAD), pipe drafting, and survey interpretation.
The one-year certificate provides knowledge and skills that will assist graduates in obtaining jobs in the oil and gas industries as well as downstream or supportive industries. Typical jobs are as follows:
- Drilling Technician
- Geo Tech
- Soil Scientist
- Cement/Frac Crew
- Mud Logger/ Hydrocarbon Data Analyst
- Sales Representative
- Wireline Operator
- Natural Gas Marketer
- Geo-science Technician
- Land Coordinator
- Land Mapping Technician
- Lease Records Coordinator
- Maintenance or Mechanical Technician
- Technical Services Maintenance Coordinator
- Demonstrate and understand the use of AUTO CAD in a working environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate computing and mapping skills in engineering applications.
- Be familiar with the production, transportation and utilization of local energy resources.
- Understand the basic civil engineering practices as these apply to the energy and natural resources.
Gainful Employment Information