Students must submit an Intent to Graduate form before the last term of enrollment.
Degrees and certificates are automatically conferred after all program requirements have been met. Within 30 days after the end of the term, students will receive an email notification that all degree and/or certificate requirements have been met. It is at this time that degrees and/or certificates will be noted on student transcripts.
Diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the current mailing address on file in the Records Office 6-8 weeks after the end of the term. Be sure to verify your current mailing address through MyBelmont. Please be sure that this address will be valid for at least two months following commencement.
To order your diploma and/or certificate, click here (coming soon).
Belmont College 2020 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 7, 2020 & Friday, May 8, 2020
Belmont College Dowler Hall; 7:00pm
2020 Spring Commencement Practice: TBA
All students participating in the commencement ceremony must wear the proper academic regalia. Cap and gown orders, must be submitted to the Records Office by 4:00pm, March 23, 2020. To order your cap and gown, click here (coming soon). Candidates for degrees/certificates wear black gowns and a black mortarboard cap with a blue and silver tassel. Students will receive an email with instructions on how to pick up their cap and gown order once they are delivered to the College.
Active Military/Veteran students will receive a red, white, and blue cord to wear during the ceremony.
If you are Phi Theta Kappa/Beta Theta Mu Chapter (PTK), please contact Professor Desiree Lyonette at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding PTK regalia.
Before Commencement Checklist:
- Resolve any outstanding financial obligations with the college (i.e. tuition and fee payments, library fines, iPad returns) before the end of the graduating term. You will not receive your diploma/certificate and will not be able to request official transcripts if you have unresolved financial obligations with Belmont College.
- If you received a Federal Direct Loan while attending Belmont, you will need to attend a financial aid exit counseling session. Students will receive a letter from the Financial Aid Department with exit counseling session dates and will need to contact the Financial Aid Department to schedule a session. Failure to complete exit counseling could result in a “hold” being placed on your record. Diplomas/certificates and official transcripts cannot be released until exit counseling is complete.
- Check-in with Belmont staff to receive your name card. Be sure to keep a hold of this card throughout the ceremony. The number on the card will tell you the order to line up in. Students will line up in alphabetical order by degree/certificate program. You will bring your name card with you as you line up to walk across the stage
- Order diploma(s) and/or certificate(s). Diplomas and certificates will be mailed to the current mailing address on file in the Records Office 6-8 weeks after the end of the term.
- If you or your guest(s) need special accommodations during the commencement ceremony, please contact Stacey Cannon at email@example.com.
Commencement Day Instructions:
- Attend graduation practice.
- Academic Advisors will begin to line students up at 6:30pm. Please plan to arrive to the college by 6:15pm.
- Check-in with Belmont staff to get your name card which will give you a number which will tell you the order to line up in.
- Students will line up by program and in alphabetical order by program. Be sure to hold on to your name card. You will bring this card with you as you line up to cross the stage.
- Be sure to wear your tassel on the right.
- Don’t forget to SMILE!