The following list of external links was created for those individuals wishing to review or build upon skills in the areas of writing, reading, and/or math:
WRITING (SENTENCE SKILLS)
- LearningExpress Through OhioMeansJobs- Offers practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, and information for various subjects (including writing, reading, and math). select “ACCESS LEARNING EXPRESS ANONYMOUSLY” and click “CONTINUE;” select “College Test Preparation” icon; locate and select the “College Placement Preparation” link from lower left hand side of webpage; next select “ACCUPLACER Preparation” within shaded box; finally, click on any of the Practice Tests, review the instructions, and click “Start Test>”. Please allow a few seconds for pages to load.
- Capital Community College Guide to Grammar & Writing – Everything grammar from sentence structure to essay writing is available on this site. The site also includes instruction, quizzes, PowerPoints, and more.
- About dot com – Contains online grammar quizzes with feedback.
- English Grammar Secrets – Lessons and grammar exercises are available on this site.
- The University of Calgary Basic Elements of English Grammar Guide – This guide includes short grammar lessons and interactive questions.
- English Grammar – Grammar lessons, exercises, and rules for everyday use.
- Grammar Bytes – Everything from grammar terms to grammar videos.
- Cleveland State University Writing Center – Cleveland State’s Writing center website with help on all steps of the writing process.
- Writing at PPPST.com – Writing presentations in Power Point format and Interactive activities
MATH (ARITHMETIC & ELEMENTARY ALGEBRA)
- SoftSchools.com – Contains several different math functions and has especially nice fraction reviews.
- Coolmath.com – Lets the user choose a function and solve math practice problems.
- Hotmath.com – Allows the user to choose the level and function for math games.
- Khan Academy – Has an incredible array of instruction math videos and math practice.
- Online Math Learning – Lets the user choose his/her grade level and math material to review.
FOR CURRENT STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES:
Many of the resources below require access codes for usage. If you would like to obtain more information on any of the following, please contact or visit the Student Success Center, our staff members are happy to help.