Belmont College Inducts Honor Society Students
Belmont College Fall 2013 Phi Theta Kappa inductees (left to right; front to back): Theodore Tannehill; Sarah Westlake; Deanna Austin; Brittany Gallagher; Malachi Benesh; Jason Berger; and Timothy Gummerson.
St. Clairsville, OH (November 13, 2013) – Belmont College is pleased to announce that 16 students were inducted into Beta Theta Mu, Belmont’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), during a special ceremony held at the Main Campus location on November 12.
Mr. William Hunkler, Vice Chairman of the Belmont College Board of Trustees, was the guest speaker for the ceremony.
Induction into PTK, one of the most prestigious international honor societies in the country, recognizes academic achievement of students at two-year colleges. A grade point average of at least 3.75 is required for acceptance.
PTK’s mission is to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of students and provide them with opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service, and fellowship programming.
The students who were inducted and their hometowns are as follows:
- Bellaire: Malachi Benesh; Stephanie Stead;
- Belmont: Micaela Drewett;
- Chillicothe: Deanna Austin;
- Flushing: Desiree Davis;
- Hopedale: George Case;
- Howard: Theodore Tannehill;
- Martins Ferry: Jason Berger; Shelby Strauss;
- Morristown: Stephanie Brandon;
- Senecaville: Daniel Ferguson;
- Shadyside: Stephanie Beucke; Sarah Westlake;
- St. Clairsville: Timothy Gummerson; Angie Williamson;
- Woodsfield: Brittany Gallagher.
# # # #
« View All News