Belmont College Child Development Center Receives Highest Quality Rating
|Attached Photo: Mrs. Nancy Haynes, Director of Child Care Services is pictured at the Cindy L. Jones Child Development Center with Preschool students Lilah Ellerbee (left), Paige Elmore (center), and Jackson Clutter (right).
St. Clairsville, OH (September 6, 2013)
- Belmont College is pleased to announce that the Cindy L. Jones Child Development Center has been awarded Three Stars in the Step Up to Quality program from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Bureau of Child Care and Development. Three stars is the highest available quality rating awarded for child care centers in Ohio.
According to the Ohio Department of Education, Step Up To Quality is a voluntary, quality rating system for early care and education programs. Programs can earn star ratings by meeting the quality benchmarks for the State of Ohio.
“The Child Development Center at Belmont College is currently the only child development center in Belmont County with a 3-Star Quality Rating,” said Nancy Haynes, Director of Child Care Services. “We were required to meet an extensive list of benchmarks in order to earn this quality rating and we are very proud of this accomplishment.”
A Step Up To Quality 3-Star rated program must maintain the following:
- Lower group size in both toddler and preschool classrooms.
- The administrator and all lead teachers have a credential and/or a degree in early childhood education
- The administrator, all lead teachers and assistant teachers complete 20 hours of specialized training every two years.
- Provide annual performance evaluations, professional development planning and at least three benefits to employees
- Teachers screen children upon entry to the program and assess their progress on an ongoing basis and utilize Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards in All Essential Domains of School Readiness (Birth – Age 5).
The Cindy L. Jones Child Development Center at Belmont College is a unique child care center which offers high quality care and preschool programs at the Main Campus location for children of enrolled students and college employees.
The center is a secure facility that requires parent key cards for entry and classrooms are under video security at all times. Creative Curriculum is used in addition to the Ohio Department of Education Content Standards and developmentally appropriate lesson plans are implemented for each area. The daily schedule and curriculum are implemented according to Best Practices to meet children’s individual needs and interests. The center has programs for toddlers (18-36 months) and preschool (3-5 years).
For more information about the Child Development Center at Belmont College, please call 740.695.8508 or visit www.belmontcollege.edu.
# # # #
« View All News