Prospective Students | Current Students | Donors & Friends | Workforce & Community Ed | About Us
Prospective Students

Transferring to BelmontNC-SARA Approved Institution logo

Making the decision to transfer to a new school is a big one.  You want to be sure your new school will meet your needs and that the credits you have already earned will not go to waste.  At Belmont College, we strive to make the transfer process as easy as possible.  


In order to transfer credit, official transcripts from your previous college(s) must be sent to the Records Office. Credits will be assessed and approved at the Program Chair’s discretion.


Belmont College accepts credit earned at other institutions which are accredited by a regional accreditation agency, and is guided by the policies of the Ohio Articulation and Transfer Advisory Committee.  Belmont College will also accept transfer
credit from other institutions in the categories of Credit by Examination, Advanced Placement, U.S. Military, or other nontraditional training credit.   If you are transferring from another school that is part of the University System of Ohio, you may want to look at the following links:

Transfer Assurance Guides (TAG)

TAGs are common codes issued by the University System of Ohio for select courses guaranteeing transfer between Ohio public schools for classes having the same TAG. 

Transfer Module

The Transfer Module is a University System of Ohio approved guide to help students identify select courses that are recognized by the state as belonging to one of five categories:InLineWeb-Computer

  • English/Communications
  • Social & Behavioral Sciences
  • Natural & Physical Sciences
  • Mathematics
  • Arts & Humanities


This module gives students an idea of what is generally transferred to other schools and the category to which those classes are generally assigned.   


Ready to get started?

Complete the following steps:

  1. Complete an Application for Admission (no fee to apply).


  2. Submit official transcripts of all academic work, including high school or GED and all previous colleges or universities.  Transcripts can be mailed to the Belmont College Records Office at 68094 Hammond Road, St. Clairsville, OH 43950. We will forward your transcripts to the appropriate Program Chair for review.


  3. Contact Enrollment Services at 740.695.8516 to schedule an appointment to review your transfer credit and discuss your academic goals.


  4. Apply for Financial Aid. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at or update your existing FAFSA using Belmont College code 009941.

We look forward to welcoming you to Belmont College soon!


For more information, please contact Enrollment Services at 740.695.8516.