Truck Driving Academy – CDL Training at Belmont College in St. Clairsville, Ohio!
Drive your career! Prepare for a high-paying career in up to five weeks!
Belmont College’s Truck Driving Academy offers a students a wide-ranging curriculum and training process to prepare them to pass the CDL exam. Students receive practice time behind-the-wheel from state-certified instructors licensed with the Ohio Division of Public Safety.
Spring 2022 Class Start Dates:
Summer 2022 Class Start Dates
Fall 2022 Class Start Dates:
Class A License – Training on any combination vehicle such as a semi-tractor trailer and hazmat endorsements.
For more information, or to register, contact the Workforce and Community Education Office at 740-695-9500.
CDL Open House
Meet employers hiring commercial drivers at our CDL Open House
SATURDAY, JUNE 25, 2022 10:00AM – 3:00PM at the Belmont College CDL Training Pad
- Meet with employers actively hiring for both local and long-distance positions.
- Talk with Belmont College CDL instructors about training for your license
- Sit behind the wheel of a tractor trailer to see how it feels!
- Speak with Ohio Means Jobs officers to see if you would qualify for funding for training.
- Discuss loan options with Belmont Savings Bank.
Call 740-699-3869 for more info!
Commercial Truck Driving Training
The Truck Driving Academy serves Belmont, Harrison, Monroe and surrounding counties, and is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety.
Classroom Instruction Includes:
- Workbooks and Materials
- Vehicle Safety
- Log Book
- Pre-Trip Preparation
- Coupling and Uncoupling
- Air Brakes
- Weight Distribution and Proper Loading
- Preventative Maintenance
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- Map Reading
Range Practice and Road Course Covers Skills Including:
- Basic Control Systems
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Speed Management
- Extreme Driving Conditions
- Visual Search
- Night Operations
Train for your Class A CDL in just five weeks*
- Daytime classes available Monday though Friday at Belmont College in St. Clairsville, Ohio
- Workforce funds available to students who qualify**
- CDL Test Included
- Drug Screening/DOT physical required
- Job placement assistance
*To enroll in this program, students must pass a USDOT physical exam, an alcohol and controlled substance test, have a valid state driver’s license and payment of proof of funding must be submitted before start of program.
**Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds are available to students who qualify. Please contact Ohio Means Jobs or Workforce West Virginia for WIOA funding.
CDL Student Loan – How to Afford the Cost of Truck Driving School
Taking out a personal student loan is a great option for students to pay for their truck driving school tuition. Many employers may offer a tuition reimbursement program to help graduates re-pay their loan payments each month.
Belmont Savings Bank offers a great solution to afford CDL training. To apply fill out the Belmont College CDL Loan Application.
- 5 year term (rate kicks in at the start of the first payment)
- 6-month deferral – begins once the loan is signed
- No penalty for early payoff
- $100 application fee (included in the loan – student does not pay up front)
For more information, contact the Workforce and Community Education Office at 740-695-9500 or Belmont Savings Bank at 740-676-1165.
For financial assistance, please contact the following State Workforce/Job Service Offices:
- Belmont County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.633.5627 – 302 Walnut St, Martins Ferry, OH 43935
- Harrison County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.942.2171 – 520 N. Main Street, Cadiz, OH 43907
- Monroe County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.472.1602 – 100 Home Av, Woodsfield, OH 43793
- Jefferson County Ohio Means Jobs – 740-282-0971 – 114 North 4th Street, Steubenville, OH 43952
- Workforce West Virginia: 304.232.6280 – 1275 Warwood Ave, Wheeling, WV 26003