Truck Driving Academy – CDL Training at Belmont College in St. Clairsville, Ohio!
Drive your career! Prepare for a high-paying career in up to five weeks!
Belmont College’s Truck Driving Academy offers a students a wide-ranging curriculum and training process to prepare them to pass the CDL exam. Students receive practice time behind-the-wheel from state-certified instructors licensed with the Ohio Division of Public Safety.Summer 2022 Class Start Dates
Fall 2022 Class Start Dates:
Class A License – Training on any combination vehicle such as a semi-tractor trailer and hazmat endorsements.
For more information, or to register, contact the Workforce and Community Education Office at 740-695-9500.
Commercial Truck Driving Training
The Truck Driving Academy serves Belmont, Harrison, Monroe and surrounding counties, and is licensed by the Ohio Department of Public Safety.
Classroom Instruction Includes:
- Workbooks and Materials
- Vehicle Safety
- Log Book
- Pre-Trip Preparation
- Coupling and Uncoupling
- Air Brakes
- Weight Distribution and Proper Loading
- Preventative Maintenance
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- Map Reading
Range Practice and Road Course Covers Skills Including:
- Basic Control Systems
- Safe Operating Procedures
- Speed Management
- Extreme Driving Conditions
- Visual Search
- Night Operations
Train for your Class A CDL in just five weeks*
- Daytime classes available Monday though Friday at Belmont College in St. Clairsville, Ohio
- Workforce funds available to students who qualify**
- CDL Test Included
- Drug Screening/DOT physical required
- Job placement assistance
*To enroll in this program, students must pass a USDOT physical exam, an alcohol and controlled substance test, have a valid state driver’s license and payment of proof of funding must be submitted before start of program.
**Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) funds are available to students who qualify. Please contact Ohio Means Jobs or Workforce West Virginia for WIOA funding.
CDL Student Loan – How to Afford the Cost of Truck Driving School
Taking out a personal student loan is a great option for students to pay for their truck driving school tuition. Many employers may offer a tuition reimbursement program to help graduates re-pay their loan payments each month.
Belmont Savings Bank offers a great solution to afford CDL training. To apply fill out the Belmont College CDL Loan Application.
- 5 year term (rate kicks in at the start of the first payment)
- 6-month deferral – begins once the loan is signed
- No penalty for early payoff
- $100 application fee (included in the loan – student does not pay up front)
For more information, contact the Workforce and Community Education Office at 740-695-9500 or Belmont Savings Bank at 740-676-1165.
For financial assistance, please contact the following State Workforce/Job Service Offices:
- Belmont County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.633.5627 – 302 Walnut St, Martins Ferry, OH 43935
- Harrison County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.942.2171 – 520 N. Main Street, Cadiz, OH 43907
- Monroe County Ohio Means Jobs: 740.472.1602 – 100 Home Av, Woodsfield, OH 43793
- Jefferson County Ohio Means Jobs – 740-282-0971 – 114 North 4th Street, Steubenville, OH 43952
- Workforce West Virginia: 304.232.6280 – 1275 Warwood Ave, Wheeling, WV 26003