State Tested Nursing Aide (STNA) Information
The STNA State licensure qualifies students for employment in nursing homes, home health care, and hospitals. STNA is also a prerequisite for many nursing programs including our Practical Nursing (PN) and Registered Nursing programs (RN).
SUMMER TERM 2021 NURSE AIDE CLASS SCHEDULE
Main Campus – Health Sciences Center
Course: AHT 1100: Nurse Assistant – 4 college credits
Class Dates: May 17 – July 23, 2021
Day/Time: Monday/Wednesday from 4:00p.m. – 7:50p.m.
FEE DESCRIPTION COST
Course Fees $140.00
Student Packet $11.00
Student Life Fee $10.00
Name Badge $5.00
Test Fee $104.00
Subtotal Upfront Costs $1,073.45*
*Fees are subject to change depending on tuition and book fees. Does not include cost of state and federal background checks, TB test, uniform, or PPE equipment of gown, googles, and face mask.
Requirements for Registration
NURSE AIDE REGISTRATIONS
Please be advised there are specific steps that must be completed prior to entering the Nurse Aide class.
All items must be submitted to Belmont College, Nursing Development Department, 68094 Hammond Road, St. Clairsville, OH 43950, before you can be entered in to the STNA program.
Please follow the steps below:
- Complete a free Admissions Application– in person or at belmontcollege.edu These is no cost to apply to the College.
- Submit transcripts – high school or GED (if enrolling in credit course) to the College Records Office.
- State of Ohio and Federal (FBI) Background Check and Two-Step TB Test are required before student enters the clinical setting. Student will not be allowed to complete the course if these are not received before STNA cohort enters clinical setting. No refunds will be provided due to student’s inability to provide above requirements.
- Background Checks- Federal (FBI) and State of Ohio (BCI) are required. Online web-faced background checks cannot be verified and will not be accepted. Only fingerprint-based background checks are acceptable. For any questions please contact, Lesa Evans BSN, RN, STNA Program Coordinator at (740) 695-9500 ext. 1020 or LEvans@belmontcollege.edu.
- Background checks are to be sent to:Belmont College68094 Hammond RoadSt. Clairsville, OH 43950
Attn: Rebecca White, HSC
- Background Checks may take up to 4 to 6 weeks for arrival to the college.
- Belmont College is not responsible or obligated to return fees due to the results of the student’s background information which would prevent completion of the STNA program from clinical site restrictions.
- Two Step TB testing is required and to be submitted to STNA Coordinator.
- A two-step includes the following procedure:
STEP 1: Receive Baseline PPD intradermal injection.
STEP 2: Return to have injection site read within 48 to 72 hours of injection.
STEP 3: Receive 2nd PPD intradermal injection, 7 to 21 days after first injection.
STEP 4: Return to have injection site read within 48 to 72 hours of injection.
- Supplies: Navy scrubs bottoms/white scrub top from Studio Scrubs – Wheeling, Hartman-Nursing Assisting: A Foundation in Care 5th Edition textbook, Hartman- Nursing Assisting: A Foundation in Care 5th Edition workbook, student packet, PPE gown, goggles and face mask are required for the course from the College’s Bookstore.
- Make Payment Arrangements: Speak with Financial Aid or make payment arrangements with the Business Office. Costs for the STNA course is not covered under the Pell Grant. Therefore, a college loan processed through the Financial Aid Office may be needed if enrolling in a credit course.
Plan ahead for success.