Textbooks are usually available two weeks before the start of each semester and are arranged alphabetically by course code. Be sure to bring your “Admit to Class” slip and photo ID with you when coming to purchase books.
Book Buying Tips
- Check the shelf tag for necessary information related to course materials.
- If used copies are available, they will be on the shelf clearly marked on the spine with a yellow “used” sticker. Used books are sold “As Is” so be sure to check for water damage and written in answers which make the book ineligible for buyback.
- Don’t open shrink wrapped books and access codes, or write in your books until you go to class and know you’re going to use it. Once opened or written in, books and codes cannot be returned.
When Using Financial Aid
- Bring your Admit to Class slip with financial aid information indicated at the bottom and a photo ID.
- Eligible items depend on your specific type of financial aid, but most include an allowance for supplies and one book bag.
- You must be present yourself to charge books to your financial aid account.
- If using WIA, please meet with your WIA advisor before each semester. Make sure your Admit to Class slip shows your WIA information or you could be responsible for the sales tax.